Donald Trump says the US will not rush into a limited agreement with Iran as threats from Tehran continue to grow.
President Donald Trump said on Wednesday that he is in “no hurry” to finalize a peace deal with Iran, nearly three months after the conflict began.
Speaking to reporters before boarding Air Force One, Trump dismissed the idea of a limited agreement focused only on reopening the Strait of Hormuz. He said the United States would give negotiations “one shot” and insisted he would not rush talks because of political pressure ahead of the midterm elections.
Trump compared the Iran conflict to previous US wars in Vietnam, Afghanistan and Iraq, arguing that major conflicts often last for years. He also noted that much of the current situation has involved ceasefire efforts.
Meanwhile, Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps warned that any renewed US-Israeli attacks would trigger a wider regional war. In a statement published by Iranian media, the IRGC said Iran had not yet used all of its military capabilities and warned opponents they would “witness our strength on the battlefield.”
The conflict between Iran, the United States and Israel began after joint strikes on Iranian targets earlier this year, raising fears of broader instability across the Middle East.
Trump’s latest comments suggest negotiations with Tehran remain uncertain as both sides continue to exchange warnings.