Trump Threatens Oman Over Strait Of Hormuz

US President Donald Trump has threatened to bomb Oman if he believes the country is obstructing Washington’s objectives in the Strait of Hormuz. This escalates tensions around the strategically vital waterway and puts pressure on a longtime US partner in the Middle East.

Speaking to Fox News journalist Trey Yingst on Monday, Trump was asked about negotiations between Iran and Oman concerning the future of the Strait. His response was blunt: if Oman “gets in the way”, the US would “bomb the s— out of them”, according to Fox News’ account of the interview.

The threat comes as Oman continues to play a diplomatic role in discussions surrounding Iran and the Strait of Hormuz. An Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesperson said on Monday that talks involving the two sides were continuing.

Trump has previously threatened military action against Oman over the Strait. During a cabinet meeting in May, he told ABC News that the waterway could not be allowed to fall under the control of any country. Also indicating that the US could use force if necessary.

Trump also suggested that he was under no immediate pressure to bring the wider conflict with Iran to an end. With a 60-day US-Iranian memorandum of understanding approaching its expiry, he said he was not working to a particular deadline.

“I have no time schedule. I’m not in a hurry,” Trump told Fox News.

The president also said the US was communicating directly through back channels with Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC). A powerful military organisation that plays a central role in Iran’s security and regional operations.

Referring to the IRGC, Trump said:

“They’re good poker players, but they’re dying.”

Ammunition Concerns

He also sought to dismiss concerns that continued US military operations could put pressure on American weapons stocks. Also saying the amount of US ammunition used so far was “peanuts”.

The latest remarks are likely to add further uncertainty to diplomatic efforts involving Oman, which has traditionally maintained relationships with both Washington and Tehran and has frequently served as an intermediary between the two countries.

With negotiations continuing and the Strait of Hormuz remaining at the centre of the dispute, Trump’s threat introduces an additional complication for efforts to prevent the confrontation from escalating further.

READ ALSO: https://alo360.net/trump-south-korea-military-drills-iran-2026/

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *