Chidimma Adetshina Says She Was Unfairly Targeted in Deportation Case

Chidimma Adetshina says she was unfairly targeted in her South African deportation case. The court has postponed the matter until February 2027.

Former Miss South Africa contestant and Miss Universe Nigeria 2024 winner, Chidimma Adetshina, has spoken out. She says she was unfairly treated during her ongoing deportation case in South Africa.

The Cape Town Regional Court postponed her case on Wednesday, August 19, 2026. The court also ruled that it could not confirm her detention while the matter remains before the Western Cape High Court. The case will now continue in February 2027.

Speaking after the hearing, Adetshina said she still trusted the South African justice system. She also reminded the public that she was born in South Africa.

“I believe that I have been treated unfairly and targeted,” she said.

She added that there had been an attempt to make her an example.

However, the beauty queen said she would not respond with anger. Instead, she urged South Africans to respect the rule of law.

“We should not allow xenophobia and misinformation to determine how people are going to be treated,” she said.

Adetshina also called for Ubuntu throughout the process. She said she would continue using every proper legal channel to resolve her citizenship and status.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *